From my balcony window, I can see the end of a canal. There are often people paddling around out there in kayaks, and I have seen a couple small speedboats too. It’s surrounded by graffitied fences and concrete docks, so I haven’t really given it much thought. But I followed the canal on a walk the other day, and to my amazement, around a curve, was this:

This is an example of one of the things I love about London. I wouldn't describe it as a beautiful city, in the way that I think Paris or San Francisco are beautiful cities. The beauty in London is more muted and hidden, and part of the pleasure is in discovering where it is hiding.
you should go kayaking!! It the shiz nizzle :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks awesome! I hope you are still loving every second:) Are you so excited for your honeymoon? I feel like Christmas is just happening to me this year...and I'm not ready for all of it. xo Meg
ReplyDeleteHey anyone fishing in that canal??? Dad
ReplyDeleteyes Dad - there were two guys fishing! I had a feeling you would ask that!
ReplyDeleteKristy