I am awake again at 7:30 sharp. Was having weird dreams—if I were home I would be telling Kyle this right now. In the dream, it was dark and we were outside in the back with flashlights and we saw Hadley come up from the woods (woods? whatever) and come bounding toward us with her happy dog face. But she did not know that something was following her, and we just knew—we could see the red eyes of a lion stalking her just out of the reach of our flashlights. We grabbed Hadley and ran inside and closed all the windows and doors and hid, but the whole time we could hear the lion patiently scratching at the back gate, just waiting because it knew it would get in eventually, and we knew too that it wanted our dog.
Then I drifted out and away and slowly realized the methodical scratching of the lion was the ticking of the clock in my bedroom, and I am in London and cannot protect my dog from rogue lions at the moment. I think maybe I am a little homesick.
No comments:
Post a Comment