Monday, November 9, 2009

9 November | Harrod's

Shopped at Harrod’s, the most massive, posh department store ever. It is decorated for Christmas, and it felt like Marshall Field’s on State Street (when Marshall Fields was still Marshall Field’s, and not Macy’s), when all the windows were decorated and we always went home with a box of Frango mints. Today, I left with overpriced makeup. I cannot resist Clinique Bonus Time. But I really wish I had gotten mints instead . . . damn you, exchange rate! 

I stood in the toy department in Harrod’s for about five minutes, and the mayhem made me think twice about the whole kids thing. There were helicoptors flying over my head, dolls crying, tiny mechanical dogs chasing me and barking, monkeys clapping cymbals, remote control cars running over my shoes, a rat with a ball attached to its nose rolling around on the ground, a thousand screaming happy overstimulated children running all over the place, and horrible Christmas music playing above the rest of the din. It was hilarious and terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment