Wednesday, November 25, 2009

25 November | Saatchi Gallery

(I am really tired and so I am going to do a lazy bad job of describing this gallery. Might rewrite if I feel like it.)

Crazy weird art gallery—some of it was the kind of modern art that I have a really hard time appreciating. Like this:

It's a pop can, some string, light bulbs, and a sock. Which the catalog tells me has some interesting meanings, but frankly I just don’t like it.

This creeped me out. It reminded me of the really scary eyeball guy in Pan’s Labyrinth.

But then there were things I did like, maybe because I could appreciate them or understand the connections between what they appeared to be and what they “meant” more easily. I don’t know. But I absolutely loved this one:

Me giving an impromptu presentation about the piece. All the students had to do presentations, and Linda made me do one too.

And this one was quite disturbing. It was a room full of wax dead members of the United Nations in motorized wheelchairs slowly wheeling around the space and bumping into walls and each other. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. good night.

1 comment:

  1. How about, "One foot in the bucket, the other on a banana peel" for your creepy eyed friend?

    ReplyDelete