I love my dad's sense of humor - this poster is on the wall of his office.
After that, we headed downtown to the rehearsal for my cousin Chris' wedding.

Mom, Liz, and Grandpa.
I wasn't in the wedding, but Chris invited us all to the rehearsal and dinner anyways - he is one of the most generous people I've ever met. After the rehearsal we ate dinner at Wildfire: hors'd oeuvres, surf and turf, and an open bar all night. We then headed to the Signature Room at the top of the John Hancock Building - amazing view of the Loop and Lake Michigan. Chris kept trying to convince me that I should move back to Chicago, since it would be better for my career.

Katie and me at the Signature Room
After we closed that bar down, we stopped at a couple more bars before Liz and I went back to my cousin Katie's and collapsed, while Katie ate tomato soup in the dark.

The next day we had brunch (lots of brunching this weekend), made a quick stop downtown to say hi to my friend Meghan at work, and took the Metra up to the 'burbs where my mom picked us up and drove us to Burrito Express. Such a good mom.
The next day, Chris got married at the Holy Name Cathedral downtown, and then we partied all night at the Oakbrook Hills Marriot Resort.
Thirteen people stood up on each side!
Me, Katie, Grandpa, Sara, and Liz
My flight out was at 5pm the next day. I was scheduled to arrive back at Heathrow at 6:50am, and I had to teach at 10. After arriving back, somehow deliriously making it through class, and stumbling back to my flat, I slept for 5 hours, woke up, made dinner, and then back to bed for 13 hours. I think that with the combination of jet lag and the sleep deprivation from the weekend, it is going to take me a week before I am not sleeping 12 hours a night.
It was absolutely worth it, though!
Sounds like you are having some fun across the ocean. I see youI was reading about your trip to one of the museams having a lot of stuff from Egyt and was reminded of seeing Cleopatra's Needle when I took a trip to London while studying abroad in 2006. My travel buddy and I ended up walking from the Tower of London to Buckingham Palace to see the Changing of the Guard ceremony.Dublin, is awesome, if you haven't gotten a chance to go there yet.
ReplyDeleteOh, and everybody out at the lake says Happy Thanksgiving.
Your Cuz,
Jen
It was great to see you Love you Dad
ReplyDelete